Looking for a natural way to boost your pet’s quality of life? Stem cell therapy might be a great option.
Stem cell therapy uses your pet’s own stem cells to rebuild or recreate tissues in the body. Stem cell therapy can be effective in reducing inflammation and therefore relieving pain. Santaluz Animal Care is proud to offer this innovative treatment option.
How does stem cell therapy work?
Your pet’s body will produce millions of stem cells throughout his or her lifetime. In an adult pet, the cells remain dormant within the bone marrow, blood and fat. Stem cell therapy harvests and awakens a portion of these dormant cells. Those cells are then injected back into the patient where they can be transformed into cartilage, bone cells and other new, healthy tissue.
What can stem cell therapy be used to treat?
Stem cell therapy has been proven effective in addressing and managing a number of health conditions in companion animals, including:
- Hip Dysplasia
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Accelerated Healing of Fractures (with or without surgery)
Benefits of Stem Cell Therapy
In many instances, stem cell therapy can be used in place of other, more invasive treatments, such as surgery. There are a number of benefits to choosing stem cell therapy for your pet. Stem cell therapy is:
- Effective – While results may vary, most case studies show a very high success rate in achieving relief from pain, improved mobility and faster healing.
- Efficient – Unlike treatment methods which merely address symptoms, such as medication or steroids, stem cell therapy targets the source of the problem.
- Affordable – Stem cell therapy is generally much less expensive than a surgical procedure.
- Safe – Because stem cells come directly from your pet’s body, there are virtually no negative side effects.
If your pet is experiencing orthopedic issues or has suffered a soft tissue injury, we encourage you to learn whether stem cell therapy would help. Call Santaluz Animal Care today. We’d love to help your loved one live a happier, more comfortable life.